In this exciting day and age of dispersing away from LiveJournal, i have come up with a plan.
- I will post in this blog alone. At the moment i’m not sure whether i will post in communities.
- Anyone is welcome to follow the RSS feed, syndicating it on other journals if they wish.
- I can use Bloglines to follow friends and communities wherever they are.
- I have accounts at LiveJournal, DeadJournal, GreatestJournal, InsaneJournal and Blurty. I would create one at Scribblit and JournalFen, but it seems to be turned off at those sites at the moment.
- I will use OpenID to comment wherever i can, or else use my ID at that site if OpenID is not enabled, or if the entry has anonymous commenting turned off.
The more i think about it, the more ridiculous it seems that OpenID is treated the same as anonymous. Because it is in fact the complete opposite! Brad Fitzpatrick went to all this trouble to design a way of authenticating and proving you are the same person across multiple sites, and yet for years it has been given the same status as anonymous commenting. That’s beyond ironic!
The only thing i’m worried about in this plan is becoming flooded by cross-posted entries. Maybe not in personal journals; i hope people will give an indication of which is their main journal … but i can see the potential for community cross-posting increasing exponentially!